I hope you are well. Over the last few months of lockdown I have been enjoying doing some cooking. I have even attempted a Sunday roast for all six of us a few times! One of the most satisfying things about a roast is how many meals it can produce…the roast itself and many meals of leftovers (which I admit I sometimes enjoy for breakfast!).
I particularly enjoy using the bones to make chicken stock so I thought I’d share with you my super easy recipe to make chicken soup from the stock.
1) take all the meat off the bone making sure not to allow any bones to stay in the meat;
2) put the carcass into a large pan;
3) add water to the pan until it covers the bones, adding a small amount of salt, pepper and some chilli flakes if you are brave;
4) add some vegetables to the pan (for example, a chopped up carrot or some spinach);
5) bring the pan to the boil and then let it simmer for about 45 minutes;
6) drain the stock and discard the bones;
7) put the stock back on to the heat to simmer;
8) add a generous amount of water to the pan;
9) add a mugful of rice;
10) cook for a further 15 minutes until the rice is cooked;
11) add the chicken that you removed from the bone;
12) add a small amount of spinach a few minutes before serving.
It’s not a world-changing recipe, but I think it is delicious and makes sure all parts of the chicken are enjoyed!
If you decide to try it, let me know how it goes…
Until the next time, and keep safe,
To enter a section of the site, either click on the relevant tile or image on the home page, or use the menu in the top right-hand corner.
Once you’ve chosen your section, you can use the arrows on either side of the centred image to view more content.
To return to the homepage or visit another area, click the menu button in the top right-hand corner.
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now