Label: Signum Classics (SIGPP500) | Year: 2017
Singers: Patrick Dunachie (countertenor), Timothy Wayne-Wright (countertenor), Julian Gregory (tenor), Christopher Bruerton (baritone), Christopher Gabbitas (baritone), Jonathan Howard (bass)
It doesn’t matter where it’s from, who it’s by, or when it was written. As we celebrate our 50th birthday, we’d like to take you on a new musical journey – one that pays tribute to our heritage, but at the same time showcases the diversity of music in our world today and harnesses the maverick spirit that guided the original King’s Singers. It also renews our commitment to be dynamic players both now and in the future of music. Unleashing all the joy we find in song and crowning half a century of dedication to music, the result is GOLD.
The premium box set features:
– A newly-recorded triple-disc GOLD album, taking you on a new musical journey through the diversity of styles that have become synonymous with the group and including new commissions by celebrated composers such as John Rutter and Bob Chilcott
– A copy of the brand new book chronicling The King’s Singers’ extraordinary journey over the past 50 years
– GOLD branded USB (memory stick) containing High Definition audio files (higher quality than CD) of all GOLD tracks on the 3 discs, clips of audio interviews with KS past and present, videos of the making of GOLD and rarely seen historic images
– A facsimile of an original handwritten score of one of the earliest and most treasured folksongs to enter The King’s Singers’ library: the late Gordon Langford’s “Bobby Shaftoe.” Never before has one of his original manuscripts been shared publicly
– A signed letter from the current members of the group
Our price is shown in Sterling, British pounds, but for our Friends purchasing internationally, the cost price currently converts to approximately 96 USD or 85 EUR.
Take a sneak peek at what’s inside…
To enter a section of the site, either click on the relevant tile or image on the home page, or use the menu in the top right-hand corner.
Once you’ve chosen your section, you can use the arrows on either side of the centred image to view more content.
To return to the homepage or visit another area, click the menu button in the top right-hand corner.
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now