News of The King's Singers
Read our latest news, hear about recent events, CD releases and topical posts from the guys on tour and in the studio.
Would you like to become a Friend of The King’s Singers and receive information straight to your mailbox? Sign up here for FREE or check out VIP membership.
- Live On In Tune - Jun 2013
- Bbc Radio 3: Cd Review - May 2013
- Gramophone Hall Of Fame 2013 - May 2013
- Steve Martland: 1959 - 2013 - May 2013
- Lullaby Of Birdland: A Tribute To Sir Richard Rodney Bennett And Sir George Shearing - May 2013
- World Choir Games 2014 - Apr 2013
- Wwfm Interview - Mar 2013
- New Release Out Now - Mar 2013
- Gramophone Hall Of Fame 2013 - Feb 2013
- Carnegie Hall - Sold Out - Feb 2013
- Valentine's Special On "performance Today" - Feb 2013
- Congratulations To René Clausen - Feb 2013
- Us Tour - Feb 2013 - Feb 2013
- London A Cappella Festival - Jan 2013
- Foundation Fundraising - Jan 2013
14 / 06 / 2013 - Live on In Tune
We will be performing live on BBC Radio 3 on Friday 14 June as part of In Tune. We will be interviewed by presenter Sean Rafferty to discuss ourupcoming tribute concerts in celebration of Sir Richard Rodney and Sir George Shearing, which are taking place on Saturday 15 June at London's Cadogan Hall, and on Thursday 20 June at St. John the Evangelist Church in Oxford.
These special tribute concerts will feature a programme of music written especially for us, arrangements from the Great American Songbook and tracks from the hit album ‘Get Happy’, for which we collaborated with both Richard Rodney Bennett and George Shearing. The concert in London will also feature a performance from the Choir of Royal Holloway, who will be performing two pieces by Sir Richard Rodney Bennett. The works by these great composers have become firm favourites of the King’s Singers repertoire for audiences across the globe.
To listen live to BBC In Tune, please click here. We will be performing three pieces, including one movement from "Sermons and Devotions" by Richard Rodney Bennett, and a track from our upcoming release "The Great American Songbook".