News of The King's Singers
Read our latest news, hear about recent events, CD releases and topical posts from the guys on tour and in the studio.
Would you like to become a Friend of The King’s Singers and receive information straight to your mailbox? Sign up here for FREE or check out VIP membership.
- Julian Gregory Joins The King's Singers - Jul 2014
- World Choir Games, Riga - Jul 2014
- Postcards Album Available For Pre-order - Jul 2014
- Postcards - Jun 2014
- Reviews From Australia - Jun 2014
- Tour Of Australia And New Zealand Begins - Jun 2014
- New Tenor Announced - Jun 2014
- Calling All Keen Ensemble Singers! - Jun 2014
- Concert With Eric Whitacre And Bbc Singers Broadcast Live On Bbc Radio 3 - Jun 2014
- Rthk Radio 3 Broadcast - May 2014
- Brian Kay: Sing For Coram - May 2014
- Chris Bruerton Speaks To Interlude - May 2014
- Schleswig Holstein Music Festival - May 2014
- Happy Birthday Brian Kay! - May 2014
- Asia Tour Dates Announced - Apr 2014
18 / 07 / 2014 - Julian Gregory joins The King's Singers
It is with enormous pride that we can announce that Julian Gregory (tenor) will be joining us in September this year following the withdrawal of Benedict Hymas from the position for personal reasons.
“We were blessed with a world-class field of singers for this position and are thrilled that Julian has agreed to become a member of The King’s Singers, his voice having been on our radar for some time. He sings beautifully, and fits within the ensemble perfectly both on and off-stage. We’re all looking forward to working and touring with him very much” said Christopher Gabbitas.
Julian’s first performance with the group will be a charity concert on Thursday 25 September in Mayfield, UK, before touring across Europe and the United States, performing in several of the world’s most beautiful venues including Dresden Frauenkirche, Washington National Cathedral and the Budapest Palace of Arts.
On being appointed Julian, who had been unable to audition in April when Paul first announced his departure, said: “The opportunity to be in The King’s Singers only comes once and, although for me this has come mid-studies at the Royal Academy of Music, I’m truly delighted to be embarking on this new adventure at this early stage of my career. The Kings Singer’s is a group that I’ve revered since I was a child – my close friends can vouch for this! – so to now be in this unique position is unbelievable. I’m very much looking forward to an exciting time ahead.”